Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Friends

Ashley and Mike are moving about an hour away from us this weekend. We've been so used to seeing them every weekend that it's a sad change. A good one, for them, but sad regardless. My relationships with my friends are so important. They're my family. When Emily died, I felt like I would never have that connection to another person ever again. Thankfully, I have a close handful of ones I love so much who stepped in and they give me a place to put that need for connection, regardless of how far away they are. I've had to remove a few friendships in my life and it's never easy letting go of someone I've known a long time. Sometimes, it's just exhausting trying to be a lighthouse for someone who would prefer to stay lost at sea. Meanwhile, Ashley and I have made plans for our families to get together one more time Friday, and from there we will see how to go about getting together as often as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment