Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas 2019

It feels like Christmas is over too soon, but lasted too long... does that make sense? I didn't feel sad this year, so that's a plus. We're going to start a new tradition of having Mexican dinner with Irish dessert. It's easy and delicious and not as stressful. Christmas Eve, I was getting the kids ready for bed and reminding them to brush teeth, then started reading Elias his bedtime stories when I realized I hadn't baked Santa's cookies. So, after baking, cooling, and tasting, the kiddos FINALLY went to bed close to midnight. I install the Santa Tracker app every year and they got lucky he didn't fly over before they were tucked in. On Christmas morning, they were the last ones up. Mom came over and we gave her a small bag of gifts and she headed home. We enjoyed some Christmas king cake with coffee and watched A Christmas Story. It's been a day, but my babies are happy and I'm ready to take down the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment