Wednesday, December 11, 2019

issues in my tissues

In case you needed an alert: Christmas is in exactly two weeks.

Yup. Two. And then 2020 is a week after that. Just like that, the year is over and we start again.
My three big kids are at church for a Christmas party tonight. Zac picked up our groceries and kept Cole distracted because I noticed just this evening that I have about 30 lumps of clogged milk in my "working" boob. So, I spent about an hour in a lava-hot shower massaging, cussing, pulling, and willing the milk bumps to budge and quite a few did. I've still got maybe 3-4 left and they're large and stubborn. I also poked my nipple with a needle trying to pick at a dried milk piece over one of the holes and gave up when I started bleeding a bit. Oh well. This issue probably explains why Cole was a thrashing baby shark in the wee hours of this morning and would not sleep more than 10 minutes over the course of 6 hours. Hopefully tonight is better. I just want more than an hour of consecutive sleep.

I've got four more nights of The Rented Christmas and Leah wants to jump right into auditioning for the next play about Snow White. She wants a bigger part, which is cute and outside her comfort zone. Kylee, who is one of the main characters of our current play, has come down with the flu, so I'm gonna see if Leah wants to learn the part of Lettie just in case.

A few weeks ago I took another one of those test strips that check for a UTI and I'm still coming up positive for leukocytes and negative for nitrates, so there's still some sort of bacterial issue without symptoms. I'm still taking my probiotic and drinking more water. It's just frustrating. But no symptoms, no worries, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment