Monday, February 4, 2019

Louisiana Trip

We arrived at Sean's close to midnight on Friday and met his cousin/roommate, Celeste. She has an outgoing personality like Sean and helped with Cole so I could get the other three kids to bed while Zac unloaded the van. We stayed up late hanging out, which is hard to do these days if it's not accidental.


Saturday, we actually arrived to the birthday party for Jacob on time. I had told Katie that we are always late since there are now six of us and bladders are unpredictable, but we made it. The kids roasted marshmallows over the fire pit and we ate hot dogs and red beans and rice. Cole was passed around so much, he was a bit overwhelmed and Elias bid farewell to each guest who left by shouting, "Wait! You forgot to hug and kiss me!" We had a fun time.


We headed back across the lake to do some minimal grocery shopping for dinner and the little boys were exhausted. I also finished the January section of my temperature blanket (finally!). It's super tacky and ugly, but so is winter in the south. I'm tempted to frog it and start again with just different shades of one color (like orange or purple) instead of rainbow because it's not at all pretty. I've seen some beautiful versions online, so it's an idea. I just haven't had much time to crochet for long sessions, but Cole has a baby swing from a couple at church and he absolutely loves it. I've been able to sit without him in my lap and get up when I need to. Hopefully I can get more crochet (among other things) done.

No comments:

Post a Comment