Sunday, May 21, 2006

Family Visit

I am so, so, so, SO tired. I haven't had a full night's sleep in what feels like years. I'm light-headed and dizzy most of the time. My memory keeps cutting in and out, which leaves me glad to have this blog. My vitamins are helping.


Zac's Aunt Marie, came to visit us at my parents' house. She brought Zac's uncle, Frank (also called "Boo"), and two cousins, Jade and Francesca. They spent a few hours with us, offering advice on how to sleep more and techniques for getting Jac to have a schedule. Zac can't breastfeed, so I know he's sleeping better than I am, but he's helpful in other ways. There isn't anything quite like a middle-of-the-night diaper explosion when one is half-asleep, but he saves the day.

A bit of TMI for you: I'm dealing with an atrocious bladder infection from the catheter, my epidural injection site is swollen and bruised, my IV injection site is also swollen and bruised, my stitches are itching and burning like crazy, and my boobs feel like they've been put in a blender and my belly is so flabtastic and loose and it's absolutely disgusting. Ah, motherhood is glamorous. But Jac is such a good baby. He doesn't cry very much, but when he does, it's more of a squeaky baby dinosaur roar which can be soothed so easily. He's so cute and tiny and I just love him to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment