Monday, July 27, 2015

Micro-blog.

I guess I've been micro-blogging the past few entries. There isn't much to say, but I feel like posting.

There was a wasp in the house this afternoon. Mom let it in on her way out the door, so the kids (and dogs) hid in my room while Dad and I tried different strategies to get it down from the ceiling. I threw a few shoes, sprayed various household cleaning products, discouraged Dad from getting out his b.b. gun, and kept mental notes of where he sprayed insect repellent, as he's not mindful of what-goes-up-must-come-down logic. I'll be re-washing laundry tomorrow. Towards the end of our adventure, the wasp trapped itself inside one of our small fans and was killed by the blades. Victory was ours.

Last night, my parents had an interesting discussion.

Dad: "I don't understand Spongebob. He's just a sponge, but he can talk, and he builds fires underwater. That starfish is stupid."

Jac: "I like it. The starfish is Patrick."

Dad: "Amanda (because they won't call me Amy), how does the song go? 'Who lives in a pineapple under the sea... Absorbent and yellow and something is he'. What's the something?"

Me: "I have no idea..."

Dad: "Sure you do, 'Absorbent and yellow... something... What is it?"

Me: "You know, Mom is sitting right there. She could look up the lyrics on her phone and tell you."

Mom: "I am, I am."

So Mom proceeds to look up the lyrics and read them in a melodramatic tone. It was embarrassing. I'm fairly certain this is proof I'm not possibly biologically their daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment