Sunday, December 27, 2015

Random December

It's been an awfully long time since I've posted. We've all been dealing with head colds. Every year, our family gets sick. Usually, the sickness occurs right around Christmas time because of course. Jac started it with a sore throat and a cough. Then, Leah spiked a fever of 103 degrees, developed a sore throat and a cough. I caught the cough and sore throat and sinus malfunction. Zac had a sore throat and congestion, then Elias had the yucky nose.

2 cups hot water, 1 Tb lemon juice, 1 Tb honey. Stir & drink.

December has been irritatingly busy. I've been crocheting like crazy, pushing past the pain in my hands, and finally finished Francesca's mermaid afghan. I also made three pairs of mittens for the kids and a pair of finger-less gloves for Emily, I'm taking a break for now, but plan to make socks for myself, as well as gloves, in January. I'm going for themed pieces for the different holidays.


We finally got around to taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's. Both did so awesome with their lessons before our break (almost two months of completely green stars) and they totally earned a treat. We went mid-day on a Friday so the place was practically vacant. It was delightful. Zac and I helped the kids win tickets and I found a few tokens and tickets that were dropped and forgotten. We had fun.


I've been trying to be crafty lately. I revamped one of Leah's headbands from generic Elsa and Anna to looking more Frozen. She found a snowflake ring on the ground outside Chuck E. Cheese (we washed it) and I hot-glued the picture onto it. I also got a bit hot-glue-happy and made a wreath for Christmas.


We even built a gingerbread house! The first actual one that isn't made of Graham crackers. It was easy to assemble, but didn't stay together long.

No comments:

Post a Comment