Saturday, August 19, 2017

School, almost

Zac and I managed to take a walk tonight with the kids. It was going fine and we were almost home when we passed two teenagers wearing hoodies and handkerchief masks. Once they passed us from the opposite direction, they started following us down our street. We reached our driveway and they took off running down the road. Zac called the police to report the "suspicious behavior", so hopefully that stops. I, myself, am a weirdo, but I'm not that type of weirdo, nor do I like those types of weirdos acting weird near my house.

I ordered the kids' books for this upcoming year. Public school started last week, but we aren't starting until September. Ever since I read them Harry Potter, they've wanted to start September first. I'm honestly looking forward to teaching again. The big two haven't been able to play outside in months (at least, for very long) because it's basically been raining every single day. If it's not raining, it's wet. Once you think it's dry, it rains again. Plus, the backyard looks like a melting jungle. I've been working on projects for Elias to help him learn shapes and colors as well. Speaking of teaching, I'm officially the children's teacher at church on Wednesday nights. Not bad, though it's a volunteer "job" for the time being. I read Bible stories and have them color pictures and we eat pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment