Thursday, July 12, 2018

A little of this, a little of that

The past few weeks have been uneventful. I haven't had many hours at work, so I've been spending time with my kiddos and crocheting a lot. We've been going to the library every Saturday to pick out books that the kids can read on their own and that I can read to them as well. Right now, we're working on Mary Poppins. Jac has nearly finished the Wimpy Kid series and Leah is reading her way through the Judy Moody series. It's so awesome seeing them reading so much. The library gave them coupons to Cane's which allows a free kid's meal after reading seven books. Zac is exited about that more than they are.

* * * * *

I'm a little over 19 weeks into this pregnancy and have started nesting in random bursts. Some days my allergies are so bad, I'm too exhausted to do much. I'm taking Benadryl, which makes me drowsy, but I plan to ask Dr. W for a non-drowsy remedy when I see him next week. I can feel Bug from the outside now, which is nice. He's sitting super low, right where my hips are. I was thinking he'd have moved up by now, but nope. It makes mid-night trips to the bathroom super fun. I'm also up a good 20 pounds, which has been fluctuating a bit the past two weeks. It's only six pounds over my high-end limit for healthy weight gain, so I'm not worried. Like I said, it fluctuates.

* * * * *

Dad's home from rehab since he wasn't improving with his physical therapy. He's been home maybe two weeks and is now on hospice care. He's been sick with a UTI and a fever this week. Hopefully he feels better soon. We're planning to go over there this weekend with a cake for his 82nd birthday if he's feeling up for it. I'd like to get a really good picture of my three kids together and frame it for him. He doesn't have any pictures of them from recently. He's glad to be home, though. He can lay in his own bed, watch TV, eat food that isn't from a cafeteria, etc. Much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment