Wednesday, August 15, 2018

24 weeks, 1 day

Mom traded cars with me this morning so I could drive to my appointment, as well as run a few errands. It felt like a busy day, even though it didn't take much of the day up. I asked Dr. W if there was a chance he delivered at a closer hospital, but he does not. He did say that when I got to 38 to 39 weeks, we'd talk about a possible drug-free induction if everything is going well. I'd prefer to go into labor naturally, but I'm worried about laboring for a 30 to 40-minute drive after making the call to Alex or Mom and waiting for them to arrive at our house to sit with the big kids so we can leave for the hospital. All births are different, sure, but Elias came in three hours. This one might be quicker.

I brought all three kiddos to the appointment, but Jac and Leah stayed in the waiting room with their books while Elias came back to the room with me. They were so good, which usually they are, but they were really good. The big kids just sat reading quietly, they didn't get goofy or act up or argue. They just sat there. The receptionist gushed over them, which made me all fluttery and proud. Elias sat still in his chair, watching the nurse and sitting quietly, not a peep and not a moment of hopping up to wrap himself around my leg. Proud mama is proud. Meanwhile, Bug is doing just fine. His feet are up my left side, while his head is on the right, and the rest of him is making a U shape under my belly. I'm measuring at 25 weeks, but he's just stretched out. Nothing they can do about my sciatic nerve pain, so I'm just going to stick with my cat-cow yoga stretches for some relief.

Pregnancy highlights:
How far along: 24 weeks, 1 day.
Size of baby: Ear of corn!
Total weight gain/loss: I lost a pound, so I've only gained 15 so far.
Maternity clothes: I'm going shopping this weekend because I've outgrown everything that stretches. Even my underwear.
Gender: Boy.
Movement: So much, sometimes sharp jabs that take my breath away.
Best moment this week: Strong heartbeat and lots of little kicks.

We hung out at my parents' after church this evening. Dad's looking alright but his bad eye is infected. He seems content, yet bored with current life. I don't think he's going to the beach with us in September, which may be for the best. He hates long drives and will only want to lay in a bed and watch TV. But, Elias cheered him up a lot. That kiddo wandered in there and just sat and talked to Dad about cars and trucks, asked him about his eye and such. It was precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment