Saturday, October 13, 2018

12 Years Later...

Zac and I celebrated our 12th anniversary today. Well, technically, we celebrated yesterday at Jo's Diner while Mom kept the kids.


It was a busy day yesterday, though. I brought Elias to the hospital for a consultation on a procedure he'll need done in two weeks. The actual appointment was fine, as was Elias' behavior (no freaking out, yay!), but walking throughout the hospital, trying to figure out the floor I was supposed to be on while a nurse on one floor gave me one set of directions, then another gave me other directions. It was my own hellish Wonderland. Not to mention there were no water fountains nearby, nor vending machines, so I was much winded. So much in fact, I FORGOT Emily and Dad were no longer living during the health history interrogation. ANYWAY. We go back in two weeks. 

Our dinner was so nice. It's been about a year since we've been on a date (my birthday) and to just sit and enjoy some silence without interruption or complaints about the wrong order or a spill, etc. was just something we needed. For dessert, we stopped by Great American Cookies and while they were supposed to be closed at 8, the sweet girl working stopped us and told us she had time to take our order. They were so nice. It made me miss working for the company. We even stopped by Hobby Lobby so I could indulge in all the pumpkins and cinnamon. So fetch.

TWELVE YEARS, though. It doesn't seem like that many, but at the same time feels like so many more. It's crazy. He's just the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment