Sunday, July 4, 2021

Independence Day 2021

Mom hosted her first gathering since moving into her new house. Meredith and her fam were in town from Texas, Carlton and his fam came by, and Granny, Jennifer, and Jason came. It was nice seeing everyone. All the kids are getting so grown. Jac and Leah went with the older cousins to try to rent a golf kart, but the club manager wouldn't allow it. The kids came back and watched Stranger Things instead. It felt like a holiday, like when I was a kid. It's strange to be one of the adults sometimes when it feels like not that long ago, I was the kid playing with the cousins. I had to bring my own food since I'm on a restricted diet. TBH, I wasn't disappointed. Most everything was super rich and looked good, but I didn't want to suffer. 


After we left Mom's, we went home so I could get another container together, change Cole's diaper, and let Toby out, then we headed to Ashley and Mike's new house to have dinner. The kiddos played together and we sat outside watching the neighbors play with sparklers and bottle rockets. Ashley's yard is bigger than ours and she's got so many plans for her garden. It makes me want to start mine up, but I feel like I'm not going to have the right time management to balance that with everything else. It's still a possibility, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment