Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Year In Review

A Year in Review: 2022

1. What did you do in 2022 that you'd never done before?
Had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, and biopsy. Also climbed a mountain.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I kept last year's. Maintain healthy weight. The only one I really made for this year is to read every Stephen King novel before the year is out.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
None, yet. This year I may have a different answer.

6. What would you like to have in 2023 that you lacked in 2022?
A new house.

7. What events from 2022 will remain etched upon your memory?
Visiting Colorado. It really was amazing.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Taking care of my health.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I had any.

10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
We all caught Covid in January.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got my nipples pierced again... does that count?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm going to take credit for this one because with my anxiety the way it is, I am taking better care of myself and making steps in the right direction.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
An ex-friend who showed blatant hypocrisy after our friendship ended over religion.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Colorado. Worth it.

15. What did you get really excited about?
We finally put the floors down.

16. What song will always remind you of 2022?
Kate Bush: Running Up That Hill.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder?
Happier.
-Thinner or fatter? About the same.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Visits to the ER with these kids.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home! No traveling this time.

21. Did you fall in love in 2022?
Does falling in love with the mountains count? Because if so, yes.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Loki, Squid Game. Probably others, but those are the only two that come to mind.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate's a strong word.

24. What was the best book you read?
Like I said, barely read much more than the One Punch Man manga or Blue Excorsist.

25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
Nothing new this year, really.

26. What did you want and get?
An Ipad.

27. What did you want and not get?
Tattoos.

28. What was your favorite film this year?
It was pretty good.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Zac took me out to get macarons and sushi.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less drama with people. Less time with the kids and myself having ailments to tend to.

31. How woul dyou describe your personal fashion concept in 2022?
I'm back in leggings.

32. What kept you sane?
Drawing.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I avoided most articles around celebrities.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Roe v. Wade, the hatefulness towards the LGBTQ+ community, book bans, etc.

35. Who do you miss?
Emily. A lot this year. I don't know why. I feel like there's so much I wish she were here to see. So much I want to talk to her about.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Leah J's friends at her mom's murder mystery party.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2022.
"No hate like Christian love".

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places.
I'd be running up that road,
Be running up that hill
With no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment