Monday, February 6, 2023

Leah

I brought Leah to the dentist this morning for her fillings. She promised she'll floss more. While I was waiting for her, there was an old guy who was just awful.

Receptionist: Hi, good morning.
Man: What's good about it?
R: I'm sorry?
M: What's good about it?
R: (awkwardly) We're alive?
M: Well, I'd rather be dead. I'm sick of this life.
R: Huh... well, it says here your appointment is for 9:30
M: No, it's for 9.
R: I'm sorry, but it says 9:30 here.
M: Well, it's wrong. My appointment is for 9, that's why I'm here at 9.
R: Alright, well, have a seat and we'll be with you shortly.
M: Fine, but I'm not watching no cooking show. Yall need to put it on hunting or fishing. I'm not gonna watch a cooking show.
R: I'll see what I can do.

Receptionist never switched the channel and I'm positive she had to take a few deep breaths. Meanwhile, this guy just kept making comments through the entire episode. The chefs were making a pound cake. He kept making remarks like, "Anyone can make a pound cake. They act like it's hard. I could make a pound cake." It took all my mature restraint to keep from shouting THEN GO BAKE A POUND CAKE BOB. But, I didn't. Once they finished the pound cake, there was another episode doing something with meat marinade. This guy once again continued with his commentary, "Why do they keep repeating themselves? They already said that. I'll never know why people like to talk so much."

Mind you, it was only the two of us in the room. I'm not sure if he thought he was talking to an audience or me or just talking to talk, but my lawd. If you're so miserable and want to die, why come to the dentist to take care of your teeth?

After the dentist, I taught the kids and then brought Leah in for her toe appointment. Dr. W removed part of her toenail and I've just got to either help her keep it clean, or supervise her for a week. I'm hoping this fixed it so she won't have anymore issues. She's braver than I am, even though she got lightheaded after it was over. I told her it was probably an adrenaline crash. I'd have freaked out, but she barely made a sound. It has been a day. I'm mentally tired. I've got two more kids to get through and will hopefully be able to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment