Sunday, October 6, 2013

Random Update

My parents and Abbi came to town yesterday and are leaving today. The kiddos were up before 8am on a Saturday to wait for them to arrive. 


We've had a nice visit, aside from Mom sleeping most of the time. We went out to eat and drove through Tropical Storm Karen to get to the Lakeside mall (the good mall) and Leah picked out a unicorn costume. There are so many cute newborn clothes... Mom said to wait just a bit longer before making any baby purchases, but the urge is strong.


This morning, I worked at GAC, decorating a few cakes and trying to avoid eating any cookies. I've been thinking about quitting B&BW... It's not something I fully want to do, but I don't like driving out to Slidell once a month, spending more on gas than I'm making per check. It's not logical. If Zac can get the graphic design job he applied for last week, I can see about transferring back to B&BW in Mississippi. If it doesn't happen fast enough, I can quit and just reapply. The transfer messed up my raise anyway, so I'm not worried about losing it. All I want is for Zac to get his job and I'll do what I can to help out, even if it's a completely different job.

I have to work in Slidell tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. All of the current employees have to rearrange the entire store for new products and displays and updated bottles and all that stuff. I'm good at it, and they know that, but I don't have the energy. Over the next couple of months I'm going to have even less energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment