Sunday, October 6, 2019

Park

Yesterday, Zac let me sleep in a bit late. It was something of a rough weekend. Cole was up til 1am Saturday morning, then Elias woke up with a wet bed at 4am. I spent the rest of the night trying to get Cole back to sleep with off-and-on nursing sessions and him biting me (hard) over and over again, then crying because I said "Ow!". Apparently, I'm not supposed to yell. So, Zac didn't wake me after he took Cole to the kitchen and I slept til 11am. We had a leisure morning. Zac made breakfast and we went to the library and the grocery. It felt like a lazy morning, but maybe too lazy? I got restless and decided to rearrange the den, clean the kitchen, and fold some clothes. Midway through folding laundry, I felt sleepy, so I reheated that morning's coffee. Needless to say, once the kids were tucked in and Cole was in his bassinet, I could not sleep. Around 4am Sunday morning, I finally dozed off. Then Zac's alarm went off at 7 and Elias came in our room to use the toilet, then Cole woke up to Elias slamming the door behind him and, well, it wasn't fun. We skipped church and I made pancakes (from scratch!), then we went to Best Buy to order a new refrigerator because we desperately need an ice-maker and water filter. While Zac did that, I took the kids next door to PetSmart to look at critters, then went to Target to look at Halloween costumes. They're considering being junk foods.

We picked up a pizza for lunch and headed to the park for a little while until we realized that even though it's October, it's still the south and super hot, so we went back home. Elias fell asleep in my lap while we watched The Witches, then I fell asleep rocking him, so I had to rush to get dinner ready (spinach artichoke lasagna, which was pretty good). And now, I'm hanging out in my room with a sleepy baby bear while Zac is in the shower and Leah is reading to Elias and Jac is loading the dishwasher. Hashtag blessed, y'all.

Anyhoo, here are some pics from the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment