Tuesday, October 29, 2019

X-Ray, Random

I brought all the kids to Elias' appointment to get his leg checked out again. The doctor confirmed a small fracture, but said it's healing perfectly. I take him back in two weeks for another x-ray and if it looks good, they'll take his cast off. 


They had to re-wrap his heel because he picked a hole in his cast and the edges were sharp and hurting him. He's also become itchy, so I've been trying to soothe him by using popsicle sticks to poke down the sides of his legs. He's also been trying to stand and is super independent. He'll slide out of his bed, which is close to the floor, then scoot to the door and get up on his good leg to open it, then scoot all the way to the den and climb onto the sofa. It's remarkable and scary because he doesn't seem worried that he could hurt himself further. I've been bathing him by washing his whole body with a damp, mildly soapy cloth, then rubbing him down with lotion. It's hard cleaning his foot on the cast side, even though his toes are peeking out, so his skin is dry and peeling around his toes. I've been doing what I can do keep them comfortable with lotion. He's also been doing great with getting to the bathroom. I have him sleep in training pants, just in case he has an accident, so his cast doesn't get wet, but he's been waking up dry every morning. I also started letting him get back into Awana at church, so Jac gets to push him in the stroller so he can participate. I think Jac likes it, too, because he can be in the same room as Leah. That's one of the downsides at the church right now. Jac is only 13, but most of the youth are 17 and up. He's too big for Leah's group, but too young for the youth, so he's just kind of stuck. He'd rather be in the group with Leah, which nobody minds. They understand. I just think he feels awkward about it. I was trying to explain that to Mom the other day. Molly is 13, but her and Abbi (17) get along just fine because Molly is more mature, like Meredith was at that age. Jac is always around Leah and younger brothers that he ends up adapting to how they play, so he feels more comfortable with younger kids. I was like that, though. Most of my friends are 3-6 years younger than me. Maybe one day the church will expand or we'll find a new one when we move.

Oh, I'm also going to be in a Christmas play at a theater this December called The Rented Christmas. I've got a small role as Bridget, the housekeeper, but it's been fun participating. I'm a little exhausted because I've got rehearsals every night, but I like getting out of the house and I'm doing something just for me. I'm not even nervous! I thought I might be because my anxiety always kicked in with church solos, but with this, it's just so comfortable. I've gotta have my lines memorized by November 11th, so I've been working on that. I'm hoping to do it again later on. Andrea thinks I should be part of the suggestion group because I've been asking about possible future plays, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment