Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Monday on a Tuesday, go figure

I'm fairly certain today was the most annoying day I've had ever. Maybe not ever, but definitely this year. So, this morning I was up around 7:30. I had to take a Benadryl last night because the pollen index is fucking bananas. I passed out before 11pm. Zac worked with Cole, getting that turd to sleep because he was adamant that he would miss something super important if he were to sleep. I got up, got dressed, woke Jac to help with Cole, then headed out as soon as Mom showed up.

I haven't been to the doctor since I had Cole, and even then, it was an OBGYN and not a regular doctor. Mom recommended hers, Dr. J, so I went to him. I explained that I've got pains in my body that aren't severe pains, but are more like aches that come and go. Most of the time, the aches are on my right near my kidneys and gallbladder (front and back side). Sometimes the aches go to my shoulders or lower back. Much of the time, the aches go away when I move around, which makes me wonder if it's muscular pains. I lift Cole wrong, bending instead of squatting. I sit often because I can't stand and crochet, or I'm having to teach or I'm holding Cole while he's sleeping. I have what feels like a pinched sensation in the front right part of my abdomen, near my gallbladder, but it's the same place I pinched when I leaned forward months ago. I wonder if it's trapped air from being a vegetarian and relying on a lot of beans for protein. I definitely have mild bloating. Anyway, my blood pressure was normal. Dr. J poked around my sides and applied pressure to the locations I pointed out. Nothing felt off to him. I asked for a urinalysis and as I thought, I still have bacteria showing up. I explained it's asymptomatic, so he is having it cultured to determine if I should be on antibiotics. He scheduled me for an ultrasound tomorrow morning so they can scan my gallbladder and kidneys to find out what else might be going on. I'm hoping it's only muscular, but I'm having anxiety about receiving bad news.

After my appointment, I came home, got the kids started on their lesson, fed the boys and got them ready to go back out to their dental appointments. A few months ago, I confirmed Jac and Leah's appointments but called and asked if Elias could be added on. They removed Jac's and added Elias'. We were late arriving because halfway there, Leah informed me she forgot to put her shoes on. I turned around, grabbed her shoes and we were 20 minutes late. The receptionist  let me know bluntly that we'd be lucky to be seen. Whatever. Leah went first, then Elias. Then we waited... and waited. An hour went by and the receptionist asked if we were waiting on anyone. I asked about Jac. He wasn't in the system. I made an appointment for Cole tomorrow, so went ahead and added Jac. Before we left, another customer came in and was so very rude to the receptionist... apparently she didn't read her email or listen to her voicemail so she was unaware she had to call to confirm appointments. She was acting like it was the receptionist's fault and gave her a hard time. Once I got the kids in the car, we headed to Brandon to get Burger King. I was about halfway there when I suddenly realized I didn't put the stroller in the van. I freaked out and used a few choice profanities, called the receptionist and let her know, then headed back. Luckily, I had my purse in the van with me, so had anyone stolen my stroller, they'd have a nice little diaper bag backpack with size 4 diapers and some wipes. Not a huge loss, but OMG. I got back to the dentist office and the receptionist had my stroller. Bless her. We headed back to Burger King, by now it's maybe 5pm. Zac's getting off work. I go get the kids their Impossible Whoppers and head home. I was going to hang out with Jena, but I didn't know the dentist would take so long or that I'd be a scatterbrained dumbass. Zac got home right after I did, then we headed to the church to vote. I'd never voted before, but I'm glad I did. I'm disappointed in my state's polls, but I'm the change I want to see. Jac kept the boys and Leah, so we grabbed some coffee and had a little time just us before coming back home. I didn't mention Leah didn't even finish her lesson because this entire year has been a complete struggle with her. Like, I'm *this close* to putting her in the oven or sending her to public school.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping the day won't be so nuts. I've gotta wake up at 6:30 and get my ultrasound done. Mom can't keep the kids, so Zac's going to stay home and go into work a little late. After that, I'm gonna have a nice herbal tea, then take my bookend boys to get their teeth cleaned. It'll be Cole's first dental appointment, so that's cool. Ugh, I'm just nervous about tomorrow. BS anxiety through the roof. I'm hoping I'm just overreacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment