Monday, August 9, 2021

Elias is SIX!

My sweetest pumpkin pie is six! He's been counting down the days to his birthday since February. We celebrated with an early party Saturday. Zac printed out a banner, which Elias was so excited for. We bought him a real bike and helmet, both Hot Wheels, and it came with a little car (which he also loved so much). His sweet little face lit up like a Christmas tree. First words out of his mouth were "Oh my gosh, I love it!"

We spent some time outside so he could practice pedaling. He fell once, but got back up. It was kinda hot, so I filled up the kiddie pool for the boys while the big kids played with water balloons. I cooked some hot dogs for lunch, then baked a wildberry cake while Cole took a nap. The cake turned out so good! We had Chinese for dinner and basically relaxed the rest of the day. I've had a headache, but I don't think I've had this type of busy day in a while.

He's learned to read this year and has been so proud of himself. I've been getting books from the library for him and Cole every week or so and he's able to read them by himself and sometimes to Cole at naptime. He also likes numbers and is always asking what different combinations are (even though most of the time he knows the answer). I feel sad we couldn't have a better party thanks to covid, but we made do and he said it was the best birthday ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment