Monday, March 23, 2009

AFP Concert

Last night, Zac and I went to New Orleans to see Amanda Palmer perform. She rocks a piano like no other. Vermillion Lies (sisters named Kim and Zoe), opened for her. Their style is very circus/folk twisted with cabaret. I really enjoyed them. Their actual performance was awesome, as if they were putting on a play. They used a typewriter and gas can as instruments. It was crazy cool. Amanda's performance was better than I expected. She's so involved with her audience. She played a few songs before climbing above Zac and me on the balcony. Then she danced with Kim and Zoe on the bar while playing "Creep" on her ukulele. I met her after the show! She signed one of the shirts Zac bought me, so I've got a pretty awesome keepsake. I wanted to get a picture with her, but the room was so dark, the flash was ridiculous and the camera wouldn't focus. Oh well. It was so much fun, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment