Thursday, November 26, 2015

Turkey

I've never actually celebrated Thanksgiving. I've written about the day throughout the blog, but don't really make it a big deal. Many will argue that Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful for everything they have, yet they rush out the door a day later to grab everything they don't. It's a hypocritical holiday. I don't shop on Black Friday, either. After working in retail, I've come to abhor the annual sale. I wonder if it will one day be called Thingsgiving? Hmm.

My parents don't understand my views. I grew up with the tradition of stressed-out cooking, enduring arguments between adults, and having to dress up in clothes I couldn't get dirty. The whole ordeal just didn't make sense nor seem worth the effort.

This year, Zac had to work longer hours because of aforementioned sale, so there's a chance we won't be going out of town to see friends and his family until Christmas time. We usually make the trip because it's a time of year when his aunts from out of town are local and the kids can play with their cousins. We did, however, go to Carlton's house to have pizza.


While I don't bring up my kids with Thanksgiving traditions, we do take time to be thankful for what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment