Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Birthday Shmirthday.

Thirty six.

Ten years ago, I was 26. Zac and I were living in our first ever apartment, we had two very small kiddos, and I had just discovered the wonder that is Kahlua. I was a stay-at-home mom at the time and my daily routine was calm and predictable. Had someone told me ten years later I would be a mother of four, owner of five pets, and living in Mississippi, I'd have cackled. We're now living in our first ever house, two very big and two very small kiddos are asleep in their beds. I recently discovered a love of butterscotch whiskey. I'm a stay-at-home mom and my daily routine is anything but calm and predictable most of the time. I'm fascinated how time can creep by in a blink and I can be in a completely different scenario than what I pictured so long ago. Ten years from now, I hope I've been to Paris and sat beneath the Eiffel Tower with a platter of cheeses and chocolates, sipping wine and nibbling a baguette next to a small stack of colorful macarons and French poetry, surrounded by accents and pink tulips. Maybe I'm fluent in the language by then, maybe not. My first two little ones will be my first two big ones of 23 and 20 while my current little ones full of curiosity and questions will be 14 and 11. My nest will be half-empty, my heart half-full and I'll be looking back at this day, comparing the Then to the Now and wondering what the next ten years will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment