Saturday, May 9, 2020

Quarantine Holiday: Halloween!

Our seventh holiday of Quarantine: Halloween! We skipped Labor Day and Memorial Day because, let's face it, they're relatively boring for kids.

Jac and Leah helped make Rice Krispy treats last night and this morning we cut them into pumpkins. I colored some cream cheese frosting orange, then used melted chocolate to make faces. I made a layered dip, bathed the boys, cleaned most of the house, and took my own shower. The kiddos dressed up in their costumes and then they Trick-or-Treated down the hallway. It was a lot of fun, even though it was also kinda cheesy. I handed them candy in different voices after they knocked on each door (bathroom, my room, Jac's room, Leah's room). Zac carved some watermelons, then we watched Hocus Pocus and the new Addam's Family before calling it a night. 

I should note: Zac burned his hand with some hot oil this morning while cooking breakfast and I chipped a tooth on a Tootsie Pop. Halloween indeed.
Next week: Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment