Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Dad and summer stuff

My dad had a stroke two weeks ago and is staying in a rehab facility for the time being. His left side is weak and he's not really trying to strengthen it on his own. The physical therapist says that he goes through the motions with them, but doesn't talk much and is just not looking so good. He just wants to stay in bed and sleep. Honestly, Dad hasn't said more than a few words since Emily died. The therapist learned this and has decided to put him on some anti-depressants in hopes it can help him find some joy in life again. He's just so sad. He doesn't want to talk about Emily, but I know she's all he thinks about. Hopefully the anti-depressants can help him.

* * * * *

It's been very hot lately. I've had a number of nosebleeds and allergy issues, as well as plenty of dizzy spells - some of which I blame on growing a small human. I've reached my second trimester already, so it's going by fast (or it will until the last month, I'm sure). We've decided on some baby names, but there are still two more weeks until we know for sure.

The kids are enjoying their summer so far. We bought a kiddie pool a few weeks ago. It took some Zac-convincing, but he agreed that "maybe it's a good idea" because OMG it's hot outside. I had brought Jac and Leah with me to Walmart and we picked out the largest plastic pool (only $15), then we all held it onto the roof through the windows for the ten-mile drive home... in the rain... because we didn't have rope in the trunk. A good memory for the vault.


Elias is potty training FINALLY. He's been asking to go and has been wearing Pull-ups, though he only poops on the toilet (honestly, I don't mind that in the slightest). Making progress. We may only be buying one kid diapers come December. Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment