Sunday, September 18, 2016

September Blog Challenge: Day 18

What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?

There have been a few things, but I try not to hold grudges. I won't name names, just in case.

Person One stole money from Zac and me for a fake supposed-to-be-reimbursed trip. Her behavior was a shock as we were so close for years. I had to let it go and learn a lesson that people lie and can't be trusted. I'm almost sure of where she is now, but it's been so long, it's not worth the effort to seek her out for punishment. Karma will deal with her in due time. I've forgiven her, but it took a long time.

Person Two had a drug problem and stole pain pills from us after Jac had his tonsils removed. She had to go looking for them with effort because I hid them. She also stole alcoholic beverages and would lie about it. She's now in rehab and doing well, has been sober for quite a while, and we're working on our relationship. It's still difficult to trust her, but we're getting there. I forgave her, but can't fully get us back like we used to be until she proves herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment