Thursday, September 8, 2016

September Blog Challenge: Day 8

What are five passions you have?

I love crocheting. When Jessie encouraged me to take up knitting, I learned how through YouTube. However, having two small children at the time made knitting stressful. Curious hands would pull my needles from my work and I would have to start over completely, or cry quietly out of frustration when I couldn't put all my loops of yarn back onto the needles correctly. I gave up on knitting, but had so many skeins of yarn in a box waiting to be made into something. I YouTube'd "How to crochet" and fell in love. It's almost therapeutic. The rhythm is easy and mistakes are easily mended. It's my most favorite hobby.

I enjoy drawing, though lack the ability to come up with my own creative designs. I started drawing when I could hold a pencil. My favorite subjects are people and faces. Many of my drawings from childhood are of models in magazine ads. Over the years, I've improved, but lately I haven't made the effort to sit and draw something out.

A few years ago, Zac bought me my first ukulele. I spent a few years in my early childhood learning to play the piano. I wish I stuck with it, but wanted to quit and have forgotten nearly everything I learned. My friend, Patty, posted a video of herself on Twitter playing a ukulele to "Creep" by Radiohead and she told me to give it a try. I jumped in and learned chords online, learned strumming techniques via YouTube, and memorized a few songs.

Reading has always been a favorite pastime. In high school, I worked in the mall and would spend my lunch breaks at the book store. I would have to set a timer or I would lose myself in a book and be late for the rest of my shift. I recently started picking up where I left off on my book list since Elias can entertain himself. There is a lot of catching up to do, but I'm slowly getting there. I've been opting for audio books lately as they're more convenient.

My blog is important to me. My entire life (currently) is in here from meeting my husband, having children, obtaining pets, etc. Everything is in here. While it's not a popular blog like the ones I follow, it's mine. I love that I can look back and read old entries and see my babies when they were babies. I hope to one day turn it into something that my kids can read to their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment