Monday, September 19, 2016

September Blog Challenge: Day 19

If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?

I used to think I wanted to live on the beach. Listening to the waves at night, collecting seashells by day, and enjoying all the seafood I could imagine. But, I started thinking about how much the salt water ruins my hair, the sun isn't good for one in large doses, and dealing with sand in an apartment or house all the time is just annoying. I do love visiting the beach, but I can't see myself staying more than a few days.

I have always wanted to live in the mountains. Ever since Zac and I evacuated to Tennessee during Hurricane Katrina, the mountains felt like home. I loved the view, the air, everything. When we went to Gatlinburg a few weeks ago, it was all I could do not to cry when we packed up and came back to Mississippi. While I may not want to move strictly to Tennessee, I do want to move to the mountains. Wyoming is beautiful, as is Montana. A place like that would be so perfect for us. Zac thinks we have plenty of time, but I'm in my 30s and I don't want to find our home when I'm too old to enjoy it. We're toying with the idea of a road trip next year, but have no immediate plans to move, though I can't promise I won't look for work (haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment